What Famous People Live in Hinsdale?
Located approximately 21 miles southwest of downtown Chicago, the village of Hinsdale, IL is recognized as one of the wealthiest cities in the state. Its neighboring towns include Burr Ridge, Clarendon Hills, Indian Head Park, Oak Brook, Western Springs, Westmont, Countryside, Darien, and Oakbrook Terrace.
Hinsdale was established by landowner William Robbins in 1865 and began to thrive as railroads were constructed throughout the area. Previously a wild prairie, Robbins prepared the land for development by constructing roads, and homes, and planting trees throughout the village. Hinsdale officially became incorporated in 1873, attracting people from Chicago, Germany, Sweden, and other regions.
Hinsdale is renowned for its scenic and natural landscapes, family-friendly environment, and small-town ambience, making it an ideal place to reside.
Notable personalities who have lived in Hinsdale include actress Heather Tom, former MLB first baseman Jim Thome, San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch, and actress Danielle Campbell.
Famous People, That Live in Hinsdale?
- Morris the Cat, animal actor (9Lives mascot) adopted from the Hinsdale Humane Society
- Chris Klein, actor (American Pie I, II, & Reunion; We Were Soldiers) born in Hinsdale
- Meredith Monroe, actress (Andie McPhee on Dawson’s Creek) grew up in Hinsdale
- Eric Daze, former left wing for the Chicago Blackhawks lives in Hinsdale
- Steve Konroyd, defenseman for six NHL teams; announcer for Comcast Sports lived in Hinsdale
- Martin Lapointe, right wing for the Detroit Red Wings, Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks, and Ottawa Senators two-time winner of the Stanley Cup (1997-1998) lived in Hinsdale
- Former MLB first baseman Jim Thome
- San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch
- David Tom, actor
- Heather Tom, actress
- Heather McNair, actress
- Actress Danielle Campbell
Related: Is Hinsdale a Good Place to Live?Add to Garden Book